Chicken, Tomatoes and Olive Pasta
Prep Time: 10-30 Minutes
Number of Servings: 4
2 Pound chicken breast
1 white onion
1 Cup Low Sodium Chicken Stock
1 Carton tomato sauce
2 Cup Fresh Spinach
2 Teaspoon Italian Herb Seasoning
3/4 Cup Katamala Olives
2 Teaspoon salt
1 Teaspoon black pepper
1/2 Pound Whole Wheat Noodles
1. Heat pan with olive oil on the stove.
2. Once pan is hot, put onion and garlic in the pan. Sautee for 3 minutes.
3. Add chicken breasts and sear 3-4 minutes. Stirring occasionally. Once seared on each side, add tomato sauce and chicken stock and stir.
4. Add lemon zest, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Let everything cook together for 5 minutes.
5. Add olives and fresh tomatoes. Let it cook until chicken is cooked through, another 10 minutes or so. To know if chicken is done or not, pull a chicken out of the sauce and cut in half, if there is no pink you are good!
6. Before serving add fresh spinach to the pan and let the spinach cook for a few minutes. You will see it wilt.
7. Take off the heat and serve over noodles. Enjoy!
*Another idea instead of using noodles is using quinoa, couscous, or a different noodle of your choice.