Creamy Spinach Soup
Prep Time: 30-60 Minutes
Number of Servings: 4
2 Tablespoon olive oil
1 white onion
4 Cup Vegetable Stock
10 Ounce Spinach
1/4 Cup Flat Leaf Parsley
1/2 Teaspoon Fresh Thyme
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
1/2 Cup heavy cream
1. Saute onion, carrots and pepper in olive oil until just starting to brown.
2. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for one minute.
3. Add broth and potatoes, bring to a boil. Turn heat down then cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
4. Add spinach, parsley and thyme; cook for another five minutes.
5. Puree in blender or food processor (in batches if necessary) or put through a food mill.
6. Return to pot. Add salt and pepper to taste then stir in cream and cook, stirring, over low heat until heated through.
This tastes even better the next day